Environment - Pedra da Laguna
Pedra da Laguna – Pousada & Spa follows environmental practices since its foundation in 2000, including the use of solar energy for heating the shower waters, reusing rainwater for the swimming pool and watering the gardens, sorting solid waste such as glass, plastic and paper, as well as providing both staff and guests orientation on saving water and electric power.
Roteiros de Charme Hotel, Code of Ethics and Environmental Conduct Association
The hotels, inns and ecological refuges that are part of this Association, that recognizes the importance of preserving the environment for both current and future generations survival, and also takes into account that the basic principles of environmentalism are closely linked to modern concepts of efficiency, assures to follow the environmental conducts stated in this Code of Ethics and Environmental Conduct, which aims at a common goal and not the conflict between environmental preservation and economy development.
• Assure the support and participation of key partners and administrators in the implementation of environmental practices and involve in the program all staff and/or outsourced companies and their families.
• Identify and reduce environmental impacts and risks, including the planning of new projects and buildings, aiming at preserving the landscape, fauna and flora.
• Track and reduce the use of harmful products to the environment, such as asbestos, CFCs, pesticides and toxic, corrosive, infectious, explosive and flammable materials.
• Comply with religious and historical places and objects, the host population, their cultural values and traditions.
• Save electric power by eliminating unnecessary lighting and using, whenever possible, alternative sources, energy-saving light bulbs and automatic control equipment such as timers, sensors and thermostats.
• Avoid wasting water and reduce its use, checking for leaks, gathering and using, whenever possible, rainwater, making use showers, valves and equipment to enable better control and decrease in water necessity.
• Follow the 3 R’s of environmental awareness: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. Analyze the demand for recyclable materials and the flow of solid waste generated by the company, identifying the main components of the waste that is produced, for proper storage and recycling. Avoid using disposable and non-recyclable plastic containers.
• Eliminate the indiscriminate garbage incineration, pastures and deforestation.
• Prevent any leakage of untreated sewage or harmful chemicals in the sea, rivers, springs and water reservoirs. Add anaerobacter, consumers of organic matter, to the traditional septic tanks and include ecological septic tanks in the new environmental projects, located in areas still not covered by the municipal sewage system.
• Reduce noise and air pollution, by reducing the emission of noise and, whenever possible, install filters on exhausts and replacing refrigerant gases for types that will not harm the ozone layer.
UN World Commission on Environment and Development, 1987
Satisfaction of the current generation needs without compromising the needs of future ones.